Amerikanska svimjisambandið hevur í dag kunngjørt eina ætlan í 7 stigum, til at kunna verja børnini sum best í svimjiumhvørvinum. Stigini eru serliga at endurskoða ta skipan sum tey longu hava, í mun til skipanir hjá øðrum ungdómsfelagskapum, og at útbúgva og kunna allar partar um hesa skipan. Ein lyklasetningur er nokk eisini hesin, at tað í síðsta enda hoyrir til løgregluna heldur enn svimjisambandið, at skula taka støðu í førum har talan kann vera um kynsligan ágang: “Sexual abuse is a criminal activity, and one that should be immediately reported to the local police. As a secondary level of reporting, anyone can file a complaint with the Executive Director of USA Swimming.”
Tey sjey stigini í ætlanini hjá USA Swimming:
- Develop and disseminate comprehensive guidelines addressing acceptable coach behavior.
- Enhance the system for reporting sexual abuse to USA Swimming and law enforcement.
- Review USA Swimming’s Code of Conduct, as well as those of other top youth organizations.
- Review USA Swimming’s current background screening program and determine if enhancements can be made.
- Produce stronger communications to member clubs, which are responsible for hiring and employing coaches, regarding pre-employment screening, and the responsibility associated with hiring club employees.
- Evaluate the process for sharing coaching history records with member clubs and other youth organizations.
- Educate athletes, parents, coaches and club leaders on this important issue.
Kelda: USA Swimming