Altjóða lívbjargingarsambandið ILS hevur í morgun kunngjørt, at HM í lívbjarging sum skuldi verða í Riccione í Italia í september 2020, nú heldur verður í Riccione í september/oktober 2022. Lesið her á ilsf.org umframt offisiella brævið.
Eftir ætlan skuldi val-aðalfundur verða í sambandi við hetta HM í 2020, men er hann nú fluttur til heldur at verða í sambandi við altjóða lívbjargingarráðstevnuna sum verður í Sri Lanka í 2021. Og HM sum skuldi verða í Marokko í 2022, verður nú heldur í 2026.
Annars er teirra grundgeving heldur døpur, um nær vit kunnu vænta at viðurskiftini verða aftur nøkulunda sum fyrr:
It was agreed to postpone the LWC 2020 to 2022 and not to 2021. The reasons are:
- There is much uncertainty regarding the continuing spread of Covid-19.
- It is not likely that a medication or a vaccine will be available for at least a year to 18 months.
- Until that time, continued movement restrictions will likely still be in force in 2021.
- There is already a crowded global sporting calendar in 2021 because so many events are being rescheduled to the second half of that year.
- Many ILS Member Federations are already reporting that their income streams have been seriously affected. It will take much of 2021 to recover their losses and they will not be able to afford to travel to an LWC that takes place in 2021.
- There is also another major ILS event in 2021, namely the World Conference on Drowning Prevention. The Conference will take place in Colombo, Sri Lanka in early October 2021.
- The host federation, Italy, also needs time to recover financially from the economic effects of the Covid-19 pandemic so that it can deliver the rescheduled events.
- If an LWC event was rescheduled to 2021, and 2022 was maintained in Morocco, there could be an adverse impact on both events as participants may not be able to afford to attend both events in relatively quick succession